Hello there, blog world! Don't give me that look - I know it's been a while since I last blogged. School has been consuming my life. Long story short for those who don't know: graduated with my bachelor's in nursing in May, two weeks later started taking premed prereqs during the summer semester, 2 months later passed the NCLEX and became a registered nurse, 1 week later started fall semester, and 1 month later, here we are. And of course, instead of studying for a test I have on Wednesday, I'm writing a blog post. Story of my life!
Fall is officially here, but Mother Nature doesn't really feel like giving DC autumn weather just yet. This week it was an average of 80 degrees - what is this? Florida? (although I am admittedly jealous of the 24/7 beach weather in FL, don't get me wrong cc: Brikasia). So it doesn't feel right to start wearing vampy lipstick when it still feels like summer, hence the coral shade of nail polish pictured above. Let's begin shall we?
1. Smashbox hyperlash mascara - This is described as an all-in-one mascara, and it is the truth! The brush is very unique in that it has short bristles on one side and longer bristles on the other. The short bristles are great for giving volume at the root of your lashes and putting mascara on the lower lashes. The long bristles are in charge of lengthening and defining. It's a great product, I really recommend it!
2. Maybelline Color Show nail polish in coral crush - I'm a big fan of this nail polish line by Maybelline. The colors are gorgeous. The formula is great, easy to work with, and not streaky. The applicator is a bit flimsy. Maybe it's just me, but I don't really like it. It's not that it doesn't get the job done, but it could be better. Nonetheless, I think everyone should have this color.
3. Inglot AMC concealer in 60 - I don't talk about this concealer enough. If you have redness, buy this and you'll thank me later. I've used this so many times on clients and have barely made a dent in it. For only $10, this is a steal! It's creamy and super blendable. I build up the coverage using a damp sponge, blend it using a large blending brush, and apply foundation on top. Automatically eliminates any redness around the nose, cheeks, or mouth. A holy grail product in my opinion.
4. Physician's formula creamliners - I bought this on a whim. I had run out of black liner, and this caught my eye at CVS. For everyday use, this is a great drugstore cream liner! Right now, I've only used the black. It's very long lasting, especially if you put a primer on your lids before applying it. It's not at black as others I've tried, but it's still very good.
5. Inglot AMC shine eyeshadow in #31 - This has been one of my favorite shadows all month. It's so versatile. It reminds me of MAC's Patina. It's a shimmery medium tan that can be used in both a dramatic smokey eye or a neutral daytime look.
What have been your stand out products for the month of September?